Tuesday 14 May 2013

Dedicated to my Professor on teachers day 2013



One meets many people on the journey of life….all speaking different languages…people that one can learn a lot from…people whose memories become an important asset of one's life…whose imprints blur with the passage of time….and there are some such special people whose words…whose character is deeply set in our minds…who become role models for us. Memories associated with them become the light of beacon for us. One such character is here in my life too, someone who love me, care for me and give me attention. He is my Professor Han Gon Choi, the professor in college of Pharmacy, Hanyang University ERICA campus.
                                        Life without family is so hard and difficult. We faced hundreds problems and sometimes it is very difficult to cope with odd situations. Life is busy and fast all the times and  have very little time to cope with the challenges we faced in day to day life. Especially in Korea, life is always pali pali (fast). Meanwhile if you find someone caring for you, take pains for you when you are in difficult situations or facing hard times is a true blessing of Allah almighty. Indeed Prof Dr. Han Gon Choi is such a personality for me who has not less than a blessing for me here in Korea.
                                   I still remember the day when I was very new at Hanyang University. Some of the international students really discouraged me with the stories about their professors and their life in Korea. But when I met my professor, the case was totally different and changed. I found him very gentle, dedicating, affectionate, encouraging and honest person. It has removed my distress and gave me courage to work with attention and devotion to achieve my goal.
                                  I cannot forget the day when I was stuck in my research and  missing my family and couldn’t concentrate on my research when suddenly professor Choi came to lab and said ooooh Fakhar are you Okk?? He further said, come to my office and when I told him about my situation he smiled and said don’t worry about your research enjoy your Korean life and then he suggested all our lab mates to go to a nearby Pakistani restaurant for dinner and watch a movie. This was something which made me respect my professor from the core of my heart. I always feel at home when my professor asks me why your eyes are red?? I feel safe when he ask me why are you coughing??? Did you have a fever?? Did you take medicine??? I feel honored when he used to say.” good job Fakhar”, I feel secure when my professor says,” take care of yourself”, I feel blessed when my professor says, “what would you like to eat in dinner tonight with me”. These are something which made me feel special and compels me to think teaching is a noble profession and if joined with kindness and affection it becomes worship and a source of satisfaction both for the teacher and learner.
                                 It was a worthy moment of my life when I was in Chicago, US along with my professor, presenting our lab work in International pharmaceutical conference. During the trip I have come to know how caring and a kind person my professor is. Being the only Muslim among the students, professor was always caring about my food, stay, health and praying times. Compassion, care and love are common words and sometimes they seems very little things but when outside home land when someone come to your room and ask about your health these words become meaningful, when someone come to your table and ask about your foods stuff these words become expressive, or if you can see someone caring about all your matters, then one can understand the true meaning and importance of those words and this is how my professor deal me during my US trip.
                                     To start a research project and work out till it finish is a hard job to do and sometimes we face a lot of troubles , problems and even failure in our research and same happened to me but thanks to my professor as he is always been encouraging and motivating throughout my research carrier. It is only because of his day to day efforts that I am very close to finish my first project. He is always accessible in and out of the classroom and felt the potential in every student to fall in love with the imagery and power of Pharmaceutical knowledge. He has an inspirational personality while he is explaining some research work or taking some subject in class. His command on subject is incredible and this made him a famous and most respected professor of our college of Pharmacy.
                                       When it is turn of attending conferences he is always encouraging to attend and learn something from these conferences. He is always supportive for travel in Korea, making new friends and enjoying the Korean life. I have almost completed the level-2 of Korean language offered by Hanyang University at ERICA Campus for the HEC scholars, while most of my friends have left the course. The only reason behind this is that my professor always said, “If you want to spend a successful Korean life, you need to learn the Korean language”. Further he said, “It will make your Korean life easy and joyful.
                                      Today at this point of appreciation I want to say Thank You to my professor for what he did for me so far. I want to say Thank You Sir for all that care, love, compassion and courage that he provided me all the way in my Korean life. I have learn a lot from my dear sir, both in the official and unofficial sittings and I wish I may stand where he want me to see. May Allah almighty bless you with more success and happiness in your life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment