Thursday 6 November 2014

Unhyeon Palace Romance-2

It was yet another fantastic opportunity from KTO to explore the traditional Korean version of the opera, Unhyeon Palace Romance-2, presented in a form of Pansori. Honestly speaking, in beginning it seemed a bit boring, but it get my attention after a few minutes. The story is presented my 6 talented performers and it reminds me the traditional storytellers of my home town who used to sit in the moon lights to tell the stories of our forefathers and brave people of our nation.
I took this picture as soon as i enter the hall, yet they told me taking pics are not allowed.
Every performer was a master in his/her field as they have complete vocal commands on playing their part. Subtitles were displayed on the sides of the stage in many languages, but it was hard to look at the translation as the wall surface was  a bit rough and it was difficult to catch all the words. However, the amazing skills of the performers made I easy to understand with their verbal and nonverbal communications. They presented the performance with lots of humor to make it even more enjoyable. It tell’s basically the history of  Pansori, its development in various stages of life, people’s likness for it through Chae-sun’s, a famous artist. Besides this, it enlighten’s the culture, history, development and general behavior of people of different ages in Korea.
 Guro arts valley theater was a new place to explore which was quite interesting. There was a festival in progress which was an additional source of fun for me and my family and the free food and beverages made our day..:)
School festival from outside the GurO art gallery

Thanks to the KTO… We enjoyed a lot..:) 

No comments:

Post a Comment