Sunday 1 June 2014

IAG smart torch relay a proud moment

picture credit KBS 
There are few things I must proud throughout my life. One of which is being the crew member of Incheon Asian games 2014. It was around a year ago when I was appointed as the English blog writer for the promotion of IAG with four other amazing crew members. Since then I have written more than 25 articles promoting the Incheon Asian games, its locations and preparations, Korea and its culture and Pakistani sports, culture, national and international events, attractions and achievements internationally. Working as English blogger of IAG introduces me not only some good friends from around the globe but at the same times it gave me knowledge about the various games played in various countries, the traditions and culture of the Asian countries and their struggle for knowing to be a more prominent country in the region through culture and games promotion.Under the slogan of diversity shines here, I was able to explore the most diverse piece of earth on the google map in the form of Asia with tremendous cultures, traditions, games, sports and hospitality.
To be very honest, this exposure gave me a great opportunity to study various games and sports played in Asia. This opportunity gave me a chance to represent the diverse culture and sports loving nature of the people of Pakistan to the world and I was successful to some extent because in response to my blogs I received great surprise and applause from the International community. I have enjoyed every bit of writing as a blogger and I felt always special when I get appreciation from my friends around or people back home.
Preparations for the IAG are in the final stages, stadiums are ready to welcome people from all Asians countries, Korea is excited to see mini world “the Asia” as their guests. In this regards the inauguration of main ASIAD stadium of takes place in Incheon, Korea last week. This is a newly built stadium which will be hosting the main events including opening and closing ceremonies of the 17th Asian games 2014. A friendly match was arranged between the Korean and Kuwait U-23 teams. One of the biggest events of the day was the ignition and carrying of smart torch relay which was specifically designed for the Incheon Asian games for the first time ever in the history of Asian games. Actually smart torch relay is an application specifically developed in 4 languages; Korean, English, Chinese and Japanese for the android users. Basically the torch is shared and will be spread via social media services such as Facebook, Twitter, Kakaotalk / LINE (Both are Korean most-used messengers), Weibo. The flame also relays by using NFC function (Near Field Communication).   

I was one of the few lucky guys who were selected to receive the smart torch relay and it was indeed a great honor for me and my country. I along with family and friends were invited to the inauguration ceremony at main ASIAD stadium Incheon by the Incheon Asian Organizing Committee 2014. I cannot forget the moment when I entered the stadium with the Ambassadors of various countries and the president of IAGOC during the half match break. Facing more than 50,000 people, standing in the center of the stadium, camera and flashes make my feeling amazing. The ceremony took place inside the main stadium where all the distinguished guests stand in a preplanned manner. The Incheon Asian games flame was lightened by the president of IAGOC Mr. Kim Youngsou and he further extended it to Mr. Tunekatsu Takeda, Chairman of the OCA Coordination Committee. The flame passed on through almost 10 people since I received it and I was the last person who received this at that moment. It was indeed incredible to stand there among the distinguished guests.

Soon after the ignition, the application is available at google store where it can be downloaded to support the Incheon Asian game. Besides the information of 17th Asian games, this app also includes an interesting game to attract user’s continuous using of the application. It goes along with a giveaway event that 3 of the highest scores win valuable prizes. The IAG committee is expecting that this smart phone application will go viral and people from around the globe especially the Asian countries residents will download the application and will be a part of Incheon Asian games 2014. 

No comments:

Post a Comment