Tuesday 8 May 2012

Royal Guard at Deoksugung Palace Korea



Deoksugung Palace has held a guard-changing ceremony since 1996 after thorough historical research by leading historians. The ceremony, which is held in front of the Daehanmun Gate of Deoksugung Palace, is a tradition similar to the Changing of the Guards at Buckingham Palace and offers a rare opportunity to experience royal culture. The royal gate is opened and closed at pre-determined times, and the gatekeepers in charge of guard duty and patrols hold a shift ceremony three times a day.
It was really a nice opportunity for me to be the royal guard of do palace. It was through FB i have come to know about the offer. i have.to chose my date and time and they really concerns about the time as it quite important ceremony and should be performed well in time. it took me some time to change my dress and get up for me it was a nice experience to be dressed up with traditional royal guard of Korean past.
I have to play an important role being the royal guards i along with one other commander have to open the palace. While leading the army to the palace it was just a remarkable moment of my life. I was a bit confused as there were a lot of spectators but all I did was superb. The Royal Guard-Changing Ceremony is a great opportunity to experience a rare traditional scene. I was another worth moment when different spectators come forward and took pictures with me.

Just after the ceremony I was interviewed by one of the private channels. It was truly a nice experience and i enjoyed it a lot. Thanks to the Korea Tourism organization and the admin of the Deoksugung Palace.The Royal Guard-Changing Ceremony is a highly recommended event for tourists. It is held three times a day (11:00 / 14:00 / 15:30) in front of Daehanmun Gate at Deoksugung Palace.
Performance Times
11:00 / 14:00 / 15:30 (except Mondays)
The program is subject to change and may be canceled due to weather conditions.
Directions:
City hall Station exit-2

No comments:

Post a Comment